Testosterone Replacement Therapy
As they age, many men start to find that they’re feeling more tired than usual. They may be less inclined to participate in physically demanding activities, they start gaining abdominal fat, and of course, there’s that much lower libido thing. It’s often difficult for men to speak to anyone about these issues…even their doctor! However, it’s important to remember that these feelings are very normal for men as they get older…BUT, listen up, there’s something you can do about it!
Don’t let your pride get the best of you, speak to your Men’s Vitality Center doctor about hormone replacement therapy and be the man that you used to be. The man that your friends and family need.
What are the subtle but obvious symptoms of low testosterone in men?
As men age, their body slowly produces less and less testosterone. Over time, this can take a real toll on a man’s masculinity, sense of well-being, and leave them feeling woefully inadequate. Oftentimes men seek low testosterone treatment after experiencing several of the following symptoms:
- Decreased sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Problems concentrating
- Low sense of well-being
- Feeling tired all the time / No energy
- Abdominal fat gain
- Decreased muscle mass and strength
- Slow recovery from strenuous activities and injuries
If you go to your Men’s Vitality Center doctor with these symptoms, your doctor will do blood work to make sure everything is as it should be. If your doctor feels that low testosterone levels are contributing to your symptoms, he will likely suggest hormone replacement therapy for men or as it’s often referred to, testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).
What kind of treatment is available to me? Can it be inconspicuous?
There are several options available for low testosterone treatment. At Men’s Vitality Center, we choose to exclusively use the most effective option, Testosterone Injections. Here is a quick review of some TRT treatment modalities.
- Testosterone Injections are long lasting, precise, given in the buttock, have a 100% success rate in providing useable hormone, require a dosage interval of only once each week, and are low in cost. You can expect to see a drastic improvement in your symptoms in 3-6 weeks. This is the method we choose.
- Topical testosterone allows absorption through the skin. With that being said, topical testosterone can be poorly absorbed leading to inconsistent blood levels and inconsistent symptom relief. Topical testosterone can be “washed” off with perspiration, can be transferred to children, women, and others who would not appreciate that extra boost of testosterone!
- Testosterone patch effectiveness is also limited. Some shortcomings include inadequate increase of testosterone levels and localized skin reactions.
- Testosterone pellets require a surgical procedure for implantation and removal, and do not allow a means for tailoring dosage based on an individual’s response. To make matters worse, many men suffer testosterone pellet site infections and abscesses which require surgical removal and antibiotic treatment.
This isn’t the “old days”, if you don’t as well as you should, you don’t have to grin and bear it. You have Men’s Vitality Center to help you get back to you.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment. Your friends and family will thank you for it!